Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Swan St. Bldg., Core 3
Minimum Qualifications Six (6) years of experience designing, implementing, and operating technical solutions using the Microsoft solutions stack. The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science or a related field, may substitute for experience as indicated:
• Associate’s Degree and five (5) years of experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher and four (4) years of experience
Duties Description Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Information Technology Services 1 within the Endpoint Configuration Management section of the Workplace Solutions bureau of the Chief Technology Office, the incumbent will design, implement, and operate technical solutions using the Microsoft solutions stack, including Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Active Directory, SQL Server, and Microsoft Windows.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide design, implementation and operational support of solutions built on Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Orchestrator and Dell/Wyse and HP thin client management systems and other tools as required.
• Develop scripts, runbooks or other procedures to perform various administrative tasks on an automated or on demand basis.
• Perform proactive and reactive analysis of logging data to identify service trends, identify faults and identity opportunities for service reliability improvements.
• Develop reports based on inventory or other database data to meet urgent business needs.
• Identify, collect and collaborate with colleagues to report on service key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Collaborate with vendor subject matter experts (SME) to implement, document and test Workplace Solutions delivery components.
• Function as a technical SME and perform Level-3 support troubleshooting and resolution service.
• Provide off-hours support on a 24x7 basis with a rotating on-call.
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a clear, concise cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Project Assistant, Ref. #18575 describing how you qualify.
NYS Office of Information Technology Services
Human Resource Services
Empire State Plaza
PO Box 2062
Albany, NY 12220
Or email: HR.Recruitment@its.ny.gov