Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Five years of experience in Network Design and Implementation
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science or a related field, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and four years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of
• bachelor’s degree and three years of experience
• bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and two years of
• master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional two years of experience
• The ideal candidate will have exemplary communication, analytical and organizational skills;
• Work effectively in a team environment.
Duties Description Under the direction of an Information Technology Specialist 4 (Data Communications), SG-25 within the Chief Operations Office (COO) Network/Telecommunications Local Area Network (LAN) Engineering Services group located in Albany, the incumbent will perform network design and support for multiple state agencies. The LAN Engineering Services group oversees, manages, prioritizes, coordinates and completes the projects and tasks associated with keeping agency networks operational, secure and up-to-date with current designs, standards and requirements.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Design, coordinate, and implement multi-vendor network environments (Juniper, Cisco, Nortel, Palo Alto) at over 5000 remote locations.
• Review agency network connectivity and access requirements.
• Design, test, and implement a broad range of new network solutions, migrations & upgrades for ITS Enterprise and NYS Agency networks.
• Perform evaluations on software/hardware intended to be added or updated within the ITS Enterprise infrastructure or at ITS remote sites to ensure network continuity/compatibility.
• Provide technical support, analysis & troubleshooting for ITS staff, customers and their business partners, including off-shift support as required.
• Responsible for LAN design and implementation of all enterprise network projects, including UniteNY, Enterprise Wireless, and Agency Re-IP.
• Review network deployments and recommend remediation to ensure compliance with ITS Enterprise network standards.
• Keep network documentation updated and accurate, such as Visio diagrams, operational procedures, training manuals, and network templates.
• Make recommendations to correct current network design flaws and allow for growth.
• Provide in-depth analysis on network data captures.
• Use all available network tools to provide exceptional support/service to fulfill customer requirements.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a clear, concise cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Project Coordinator, Ref. #18579 describing how you qualify by August 17, 2018. Mail to:
NYS Office of Information Technology Services
Human Resource Services
Empire State Plaza
PO Box 2062
Albany, NY 12220
Or email: HR.Recruitment@its.ny.gov