Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience as Technical Architect, specific skills in architecting authentication solutions including ISE, TACACS and Radius.
Six years of experience as a network administrator, skills specific to setting up, configuring and maintaining switches, and routers.
The following degrees, preferably in Computer Science or a related field, may substitute for the general experience as indicated:
• Associate’s degree and five years of experience
• Associate’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and four years of
• Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree including 15 semester credit hours in computer science and three years of
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional year of
• Doctorate in computer science or related field substitutes for an additional two years of experience
• The ideal candidate will have exemplary communication, analytical and organizational skills;
• Work effectively in a team environment;
• Ability to write technical documentation;
• Experience configuring Windows and Linus servers;
• Experience writing scripts using Python and PowerShell;
• Demonstrated experience with monitoring tools
• Ability to read and interpret packet captures
Duties Description Under the direction of the MITS 1 within COO/Network/Telecommunications Customer Network Solutions group, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Design and Architect new Enterprise Wireless Authentication solution utilizing Cisco ISE.
• Design, Support and Implement Redundant Authentication environment using Cisco ISE, Radius, and TACACS.
• Specify, design, test, implement and document complex consolidated authentication scheme for all network administration related operations.
• Architect, Design, and Pilot new Enterprise Tools designs.
• Review and analyze data captured by security and analysis tools.
• Analyze network data utilization and trends. Provide feedback and recommendations to ensure efficient use of network bandwidth.
• Perform protocol analysis and monitor system performance.
• System administration support for operating systems supporting network management systems such as RedHat Linux and Windows.
• Support open source network health tools such as Netflow Analysis Tools, Cacti, OpenNMS, NFSen and Network documentation tool (NETDOT).
• Provide technical and configuration support for security and network analysis tools.
• Install network management and administration hardware and software.
• Design and support complex data networks throughout the organization.
• Provide detailed "Tool" flow diagrams
• Interface with users, consultants, technical teams, and vendors and provide technical knowledge in determining the most appropriate type of hardware and software installation and configuration.
• Interpret technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment that meets establishment requirements.
• Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system.
• Analyze test data and recommending hardware or software for purchase.
• Provide written technical reports, documentation, and summaries as required.
• Develop and write procedures for installation, use, and solving problems of communications hardware and software.
• Assist support users to identify and solve data communication problems.
• Research, test, evaluate, and recommend data network administration and management systems.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062