Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
276 Chiarino Drive
Minimum Qualifications Must be currently in title, eligible for 70.1 transfer, reachable on Civil Service Eligible List or eligible for provisional appointment pending Civil Service Exam.
Provisional requirements for exam:
For qualified employees of New York State on or before the date of filing application, you must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide Trainee, a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1, a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide (Manual Communications), or a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1 (Spanish Language).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 2 supervises lower-level Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aides engaged in the habilitation and care of developmentally disabled individuals living in an OPWDD secure unit. These individuals exhibit criminal offending behaviors, have severely deviant behaviors, and/or are dangerous to themselves or others. This employee will be responsible for providing these individuals with a safe and secure environment and assisting in the implementation of their habilitation plan.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assignment is principally in the Head of Shift role.
• Function in the role of a DDSCTA2 at Valley Ridge CIT.
• Serve as a member of the treatment team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by August 21, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #180821B in all correspondence.