Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 21 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to BSC Analyst 2 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description The Office of General Services Business Services Center (BSC) has embarked on a multi-year initiative called HRIT. The HRIT initiative has implemented a human resource information platform called Human Capital Management (HCM-NY) as well as a bolt on enterprise time and attendance system called LATS-NY. These platforms have enabled the BSC to provide HR services to Executive Branch agencies to meet their program needs as they migrate to the BSC for Human Resources services. The HRIT Team will also support the HRMS Initiative with NYS subject matter expertise on NYS HR functions, participate in activities associated with the Fit Gap analysis, assist with documentation and subsequent development related to the HRMS initiative which will further transform HR processes. The goal is to provide a cost-effective solution that advances the performance of the state government workforce while eliminating duplicative HR efforts and systems across state agencies.
The incumbent will be responsible for serving on one of the HRIT teams to support the current BSC HR platforms (HCM and LATS-NY) or during design, installation, and production phases of the ongoing HRIT project.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide day-to-day support of the BSC’s Human Resources platforms (HCM and LATS-NY).
• Develop system workarounds when necessary.
• Maintain database and system table maintenance.
• Identify and implement system improvements.
• Work in partnership with BSC HR Operations and stakeholders to identify business requirements for queries and on demand reports.
• Conduct in-depth business analysis of BSC essential functionality in the areas of employee on-boarding, life cycle transactions, payroll processing, and personnel administration from a transactional view, employee benefits, time and attendance transactions, workflow, and document management. Incumbents will use their technical knowledge to provide guidance in human resources including payroll for a variety of human resource and Civil Service issues in relation to NYS Civil Service Law.
• Analyze the current state of business process or functions in relation to human resource transactions.
• Review and confirm system requirements based upon business need.
• Provide overall knowledge transfer of state-specific business requirements to ITS partners and vendors.
• Work with ITS partners and vendors to manage efforts to explore and develop functional business process requirements, processes and rules that will contribute to how the various systems work.
• Perform tasks associated with data collection and analysis.
• Develop system test plans (scripts, scenarios, cases) including defining data necessary to support the scripts.
• Perform system testing, and assess the impact of errors on system functionality.
• Track and document changes to testing.
• Manage the development of training and curriculum plans and deliver end-user training as needed.
• Assist in building partnerships with agencies in relation to business processes changes.
• Work closely with various team members in support of system modifications and wave rollout plans.
• Apply knowledge of HRIS functionality in support of the BSC Time & Attendance Service Line staff as HRIS is a HR platform being utilized for the onboarding of agencies to LATS-NY for Time & Attendance services.
• Communicate BSC Time & Attendance needs to onboard to LATS-NY related to the HRIS platform.
• Participate and/or lead individual discussions with agencies to understand current time and attendance practices and system functionality and work with NYS agencies to identify potential gaps in both business practices and system needs.
• Work with the LATS-NY vendor, CMA, to work through system issues and facilitate system changes (including writing up change request specifications) that are needed to meet BSC current and future customer agency business needs.
• Supervise staff and assign work.
• Complete special assignments as needed.
• Working knowledge of NYS Rules and Regulations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong teamwork/interpersonal skills
• Comfortable facilitating group discussions
• Knowledge using NYSTEP, PayServ, LATS, LATS-NY, NYBEAS, HRIS
• Working knowledge and experience in computer software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and PS Query
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.