Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as Project Manager 3, SG27, OR in a position at the SG25 level or higher deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for this title in order to be list appointed.
Duties Description Under the direction of a Project Manager 4, the Project Manager 3 will be assigned to Project Management Shared Services (PMSS) within the Business Services division. The incumbent will direct various complex projects and will manage teams of project managers within PMSS. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage, maintain and support conformance to project management standards and development of project management artifacts as defined by ITS Project Management Shared Services, including project scope statement, project schedule with resource requirements, project budget, and project risk and issue log;
• Perform accurate and timely updates of ITSM Project module for assigned projects, including completion of monthly status reports or more frequently if requested;
• Communicate with project stakeholders and ITS management on project status;
• Escalate issues affecting project progress;
• Work closely with various levels of the ITS organization to facilitate the completion of critical project tasks;
• Maintain knowledge of organizational operations such as COO, CTO, HR, Finance, Budgets, and Procurements;
• Perform special assignments and projects as requested to support unit and agency needs.
• Participate in the ITS Project Management training program;
• Perform a full range of supervisory duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume and indicate that you are applying for the position of Project Manager 3, Ref. #14575. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.