Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Graduation from a standard senior high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma or a USAFI GED certificate (high school level). Applicants may substitute a satisfactory combination of education and/or experience assisting in engineering or related work, at the rate of six months of experience for one year of high school.
Duties Description The Engineering Aide assigned to the Bureau of Quality Assurance will serve as an integral part of the Engineering and Technical Support Section and will be responsible for working with various computer applications to update New York State air permitted facility data and work with engineering staff to produce and enhance web map content. The following tasks, while not exhaustive, are representative of what will be necessary to complete the project:
• Review DECinfo map requirements and develop content for it;
• Create spreadsheets for all New York State Air Title V (ATV), Air State Facility (ASF) and Air Facility Registration (AFR) permitted facilities including mailing and coordinate addresses;
• Use eFind software to properly locate facility Principal Reference Points;
• Work with various program staff to gain insight and knowledge of program activities.
Additional Comments Preferred Skills:
• Ability to navigate GIS-based mapping software (i.e. - Google Maps, Earth).
• Ability to generate final work products using Microsoft Office Suite software.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills for working with senior Air staff.
This is a seasonal, hourly appointment ending no later than 3/31/19. Program needs will determine actual termination date, which may be prior to 3/31/19. Actual work schedule may vary and will be discussed at the interview.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.