Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications 1. Transfer Eligibility Requirement: You must have a current permanent appointment with a minimum of 1 year of service in a position of the same title or transferable title. 2. Reassignment Requirement: You must hold the same title at the University at Buffalo. 3. Reinstatement Requirement: You must be a former state employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or transferable title).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE DISCARDED.
A completed application is required to be considered for this position. If you have received a canvass letter, DO NOT APPLY to this position. You must apply to the web address provided on your canvass letter.
Duties Description Position Summary:
The University at Buffalo Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is seeking a professional, organized individual to fill a crucial role in our department as the Administrative Assistant to our Chair (Office Assistant 1). This position requires an individual who will maintain confidentiality and exhibit professional decorum at all times.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks, including:
• Responsible for the main telephone system including answering all phone lines, directing calls, taking messages as appropriate
• Maintaining the Chair’s calendar
• Organize and maintain office inventory, stationery, and consumable supplies.
• Handle and distribute departmental mail. Handle all package shipping/mailing needs within the department.
• Non-typing clerical tasks as instructed (appointment scheduling, making travel arrangements, general office tasks, room set up for meetings, etc.)
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has recently moved into the Conventus Building on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, directly across from the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.
The successful candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with UB systems is a plus.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.