Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
4601 Nixon Park Dr.
Minimum Qualifications SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Demonstrate an understanding of community inclusion, and how to initiate new endeavors within the limitations of program schedules, staffing and individual consumer needs. Ability to supervise, make assignments fair and ensure that staff training needs are addressed.
• Knowledge and experience in implementation of behavioral management techniques. Demonstrate experience in development of habilitation plans and supervision of the implementation of habilitation plans as a QIDP.
• Ability to function as an interdisciplinary team, communicate clearly and to problem solve when conflict arises with professional, direct care and other members of the team.
• Ability to communicate in a thorough, concise, accurate and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to travel from one location to another in a timely manner, either alone or when accompanying individuals.
• Ability to flex schedule to meet program needs.
• Possess an acceptable work and attendance record.
Currently a permanent Habilitation Specialist 2 or 70.1 Transfer Eligible within two grades as determined by Civil Service (who meet the QIDP standards).
Persons who are on the current Habilitation Specialist 2 Civil Service list may also apply. Consideration will be contingent upon reachability or eligibility in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to: Development of individual habilitation plans based on
individual consumer valued outcomes and clinical needs of the individual. This involves the
preparation of the residential habilitation plans as well as the development of training programs
for implementation, and training of staff in the implementation of the habilitation programs.
Monitoring the implementation of habilitation plans and revised components as needed.
Completion of required habilitation documentation in line with agency and unit requirements. Participates hands-on with consumer activities on site and in the community to foster community inclusion. Development of community inclusionary opportunities and activities for individuals. Participation in ISP meetings and other site and unit meetings as needed. Case load to be discussed at interview.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit prf-1 and/or cover letter and résumé by 08/23/2018
187 Northern Concourse
Syracuse NY 13212
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.