Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description • Direct and coordinate the development, preparation and presentation of the agency budget request
• Direct and coordinate the implementation of the agency budget including ongoing operations and new initiatives.
• Develop the agency spending plan and fund allocations
• Maintain knowledge of the State budget preparation process including DOB guidelines and address Agency policy decisions
• Review and coordinate briefing materials related to the Budget Request, Formal Hearings, Governor’s Recommendations, Legislative Hearing and Legislative Budget for presentation to Agency management and advocacy groups
• Provide oversight and direction on the Agency’s spending plan and monitor/control expenditures to ensure conformance to fiscal guidelines established by the Governor, Legislature and Federal Government
• Ensure maximization of Federal funds including accurate/timely budgets, reports and allocations
• Ensure all budget activities are completed in a systematic, timely manner avoiding serious delays or backlogs
• Identify and anticipate fiscal problems and provide alternative solutions to complex or sensitive budgetary issues
• Advise Agency management on budgetary policies, problems and priorities
• Directly and indirectly supervise Bureau staff; monitor workloads and assignments
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
52 Washington Street, 231 North
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter giving the Title, Location, and EOA Number of the position being applied for. Please provide your email address and your work, home and cell phone numbers. In order to qualify you for the position when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by OCFS Personnel for your social security number to confirm your employment history.