Office of Information and Reporting Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Education Planning and Evaluation.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service as a Veterans Education Program Representative 3 AND possess a master’s degree AND five years of professional experience in education in a pre-kindergarten through grade 12 setting, college setting, or in an education agency, or in public administration. Three of the five years must be in an educational or governmental organization in an administrative position with major responsibility for one or more of the following: educational program planning, educational program evaluation, educational program auditing, educational program research, and/or educational program budget planning.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for nomination for Section 70.4 transfer of the Civil Service Law to Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation if they have standing on the Civil Service eligible list for this title and are currently a New York State employee in a title allocated at Grade 24 or higher.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You
must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for the position of Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation in its Office of Information and Reporting services. This Office is responsible for New York State’s data collection, management and reporting processes, including implementing and monitoring the Department’s data collection schedule and reporting calendar for federal and State accountability for P-12 and higher education in New York State. The Office is also responsible for coordinating the policies and state supports necessary for the successful integration of educational technology. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Review and analyze legislation and regulations that impact data collection and reporting and develop procedures for ensuring data are collected, verified, certified, and reported accurately in accordance with legislation and regulations;
• Coordinate the development of statewide, district, charter school, and public school report cards for New York State, including creating, meeting timelines, and writing documentation that guides production;
• Lead and manage regular meetings with report card development staff;
• Coordinate quality control checking of data;
• Prepare written reports, informational materials, correspondence, documentation of processes, and guidance for the field regarding the collection and reporting of data related to team projects;
• Participate in meetings with program offices, Regional Information Centers, Large City District representatives, student management system vendors, and other stakeholders to communicate changes and determine best practices;
• Provide support and assistance to the team responsible for Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) data collection and reporting;
• Provide assistance to schools, local educational agencies, other public or private agencies, professional groups and parents; and
• Fulfill all other duties as assigned by program Supervisor, Director or Educational Data and Research, or Deputy Commissioner.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1756/64111) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Ave. OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1756/64111) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.