Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Education of Children with Disabilities
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
Section 70.4 Transfer: Candidates may be eligible for nomination for Section 70.4 transfer to Associate in Education of Children with Disabilities if they have standing on the Civil Service eligible list for this title and are currently a New York State employee in a title allocated at Grade 24 or higher.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Education of Children with Disabilities position in the Office of State Assessment. This Office is responsible for the development and statewide administration of all State examinations for elementary, intermediate and high school students. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise vendor activities and responsibilities for quality, timeliness, accuracy, and completeness and ensure the validity and accuracy of the New York State Alternative Assessments (NYSAA) and other exams as assigned;
• Coordinate and conduct activities by convening and conducting exam review committees, key consultant committees and technical advisory committees;
• Provide technical support to the field regarding testing accommodations;
• Assist the field with Computer Based Testing (CBT) support as it relates to the NYSAA program;
• Provide support for the development of assessments for English Language Learners (ELL) with disabilities;
• Assist other testing programs to answer questions relating to accommodations for students with disabilities;
• Provide information and assistance related to the alternative assessments to NYS educators, school personnel, professional organizations, State and federal government agencies, and the public;
• Assist the supervisor with planning and carrying out the work of the NYSAA team; and
• Supervise subordinate professional and clerical staff.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and certification will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1770/49019) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1770/49019) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.