Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking candidates for a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor position in the Syracuse District Office. This Office assist persons with disabilities to attain employment, educational and/or independent living goals. The incumbent of this position will report to the Quality Assurance/Monitoring Unit. Duties of these positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform case review and monitoring processes in order to make assessments about case decisions and provision of services to determine they are in accordance with all laws, policies and regulations;
• Conduct on-site reviews at community rehabilitation provider agencies Statewide to monitor provision of Core Rehabilitation Services (CRS) including: Work Readiness, Supported Employment (SE), SE Extended for Youth and Pre-Employment Transition Services as well as Commercial Driver Training schools and other providers as needed;
• Participate in and/or lead District Office and annual Statewide case reviews, and summarize findings in both written and oral reports;
• Represent Quality Assurance/Monitoring Unit as assigned liaison to four (4) district offices and one (1) Central Office Unit, to obtain input, identify issues, share information, facilitate quality improvement and propose systemic improvements to service provision;
• Use existing data and collect additional information to identify trends and regional or Statewide issues, and identify compliance/supervisory issues, policy/procedure clarification and training needs;
• Plan for ongoing reviews;
• Work individually and as part of a team to provide technical assistance to VR staff, providers, participants, and advocate representatives;
• Approve corrective action plans and ensure that the plans are successfully implemented;
• Assist with form review and development, and contribute to projects that affect monitoring and quality assurance;
• Provide supervision for one staff; and
• Perform other assignments as appropriate and needed.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent, competitive appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. This position will require Statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2090) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 26, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2090) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.