Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description • Under the general direction of the Real Property Analyst 2 or other higher level manager, the Real Property Analyst 1 will perform the following essential functions:
• Analyze and evaluate data to establish equalization rates, railroad ceilings, special franchise assessments and utility advisory appraisals;
• Analyze valuation inventory reports and assists assessors in developing computer valuation models;
• Assist in developing, modifying, testing, installing and upgrading the State issued real property software in local government offices, answer questions about the system, and conduct classroom and on-the-job training for ORPTS and local government staff;
• Assist in developing, modifying and testing internal software applications used by ORPTS;
• Perform ratio analysis and associated tasks to determine municipal levels of assessment;
• Prepare and analyze reports detailing the impact of tax shifts to arrive at specific policies and procedures;
• Review and evaluate current assessment administration practices within a municipality;
• Interact with local government officials and vendors in all phases of reassessment activity; provide guidance and advice to local municipalities and other customers; may conduct public presentations;
• Conduct training sessions for regional and central office staff and local assessors about market value surveys, commercial data collection and field review procedures;
• Lead staff in data collection, analysis and valuation activities of real property sales and appraisals for market value surveys assuring compliance with procedures and survey parameters;
• Evaluate sales and property tax data from localities, utility companies and other NYS agencies;
• Draft detailed documentation to support appraisals and detailed appraisal narratives;
• Gather and analyze sales, financing, rental, detailed structural, and expense information and company financial statements used to appraise property in accordance with the Division’s uniform procedures and guidelines;
• Supervise support staff and may train and mentor staff, as needed;
• Adhere to the time and attendance regulations of the Department.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.