Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as a Office Assistant 2/Clerk 2, G-9, or in a title at Grade 7 or above that is eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list certification for this title in order to be list appointed. Please respond to all eligible list canvasses received.
Duties Description The mission of the Integrated Eligibility System (IES) is to enhance the well-being of New Yorkers by transforming health and human service delivery through coordinated business practices, modernized technology, and strategic partnerships. IES will provide eligibility, enrollment, case management, and payment functionality for Health and Human Service programs currently served by the Welfare Management System, Benefits Issuance Control System and other State systems.
Under the direction of the IES Management Analyst, the Office Assistant 2 (Calculations) will receive and file vendor invoices, travel records, and other pertinent financial documents and project records in accordance with Program Office practices
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Receive and file complex vendor invoices, travel records, and other pertinent financial documents and project records digitally and in hard copy;
• Review coding on invoices and travel records for appropriateness, based on approvals, contracts, and funding sources;
• As needed, escalate invoices and travel records to project leadership for approval;
• Enter and track financial information in project logs, including Excel and databases;
• Enter and review information in SFS;
• Review funds remaining against contracts and purchase orders and create reports as directed;
• Respond to questions raised by federal partners, OSC, DOB, ITS Finance, and project leadership;
• Interact with contractors.
Additional Comments This position is pending Division of the Budget approval.
Some positions may require fingerprinting. Selected candidates who are new or returning to NYS service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees. Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Maria Troskowski and indicate that you are applying for Office Assistant 2 (Calculations), Ref# 00419 no later than September 17, 2018. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, and describe relevant experience for this position.
Your Social Security number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.