Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Principal Accountant, the incumbent will apply professional knowledge and accounting principles to perform the following essential functions:
• Supervise Senior Accountants and other staff to ensure completion of assigned ORPTS accounting functions, including the preparation and maintenance of any journals, ledgers, reconciliations, and calculations necessary to determine the accurate distribution of funds. Ensure the integrity of financial transactions in accounting records;
• Participate in accounting tasks that require the knowledge of accounting principles and procedures in the development and analysis of financial and accounting records and preparation of related reports;
• Assist the Principal Accountant with the review and analysis of legislative changes, identifying the impact of legislative changes on existing accounting systems and procedures and propose methods of implementation;
• Supervise, and participate in, the timely preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports, cost allocations, and administrative and overhead costs;
• Evaluate and make recommendation to revise and modify accounting procedures and methodologies, including the expanded use of computer hardware and software applications to enhance reporting capabilities;
• Oversee and act as a liaison with IT in the development, maintenance and ongoing enhancement of computer based accounting and financial reporting systems, including update and maintenance of procedures and documentation of workflow and computer code;
• Supervise and participate in the control and ongoing internal audit of the accounting systems and related processing systems to ensure the integrity of the systems: evaluate internal controls against goals and standards and make recommendations for systems or process changes to address identified deficiencies;
• Effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers; and
• Adhere to the Department’s time and attendance rules and regulations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.