Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 21 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Associate Administrative Analyst is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Deputy Commissioner for Administration & Operations, the Associate Administrative Analyst will perform the following duties:
• Assist the Deputy Commissioner in the conduct of management and organizational studies and surveys.
• Develop and implement targeted initiatives designed to enhance and strengthen organizational performance and capacity.
• Review current operating procedures and methods, i.e. organizational structures, policies and procedures, programs, and management systems to recommend strategies to enhance efficiency and organizational effectiveness.
• Manage ongoing project tracking and reporting, including formal presentations of analyses and findings as requested.
• Facilitate the ongoing development, implementation and associated reporting of Key Performance Indicators across the Administration & Operations business unit.
• Serve as the OGS Lean Deployment Manager providing ongoing support to the agency’s continuous process improvement initiatives.
• Train and supervise subordinate staff.
• Perform additional duties as requested and assigned.
The ideal candidate will have an applied, functional knowledge of Lean Management practices and principles and direct experience leading a variety of continuous process improvement efforts including, but not limited to: In Situ Reviews, Kaizens, Value Stream mapping, etc. In addition, the preferred candidate will have previous Lean Deployment experience and hold the New York State Empire Belt Certification.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.