Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list OR eligible to transfer under Section 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law. Depending on qualifications, candidate may be required to serve a 2-year traineeship that leads to the journey level, grade 18 position.
To be eligible for a 52.6 transfer, a candidate must have one year permanent competitive service in a 52.6 title allocated to salary grade 16 or above.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, a candidate must have one year permanent competitive service in a 70.1 title allocated to salary grade 16 or above.
To be eligible for transfer under Section 70.4 to the Business System Analyst Trainee 1 title, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to grade 11 or higher, possess a bachelor’s degree, and have standing on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) or the Public Administration Traineeship Transition (PATT) eligible lists.
55B/C eligible candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree.
Duties Description Provide support for existing business processes and systems in all functional areas of the Retirement System
• Work with stakeholders to support existing business processes and system components.
• Document and categorize existing business processes.
• Work directly with operational bureau managers and staff in order to design and implement timely and effective solutions required to maintain existing functionality.
Assist in business process analysis activities
• Validating requirements throughout the business analysis process.
• Reviewing and analyzing business process deficiencies requiring resolution during or after implementation.
Assist in business process design activities
• Assisting with the identification and documentation of the scope of business process changes or enhancements required by procedural changes or by changes to federal or State laws and statutes.
• Composing and reviewing business system documentation.
Assist in support system development activities
• Assisting in developing, communicating and maintaining methodology and standards to promote and institutionalize a consistent approach to business analysis.
• Assisting with the development of the desired future of those processes including creating narratives and process models.
Assist in user testing activities
• Participate in user testing to assure the functionality is working properly.
• Assisting with the communication of business process and system requirements to IT staff and other stakeholders.
Assist in user deployment activities
• Work with stakeholders to design and develop deployment plans that allow for the effective and efficient implementation of all new business processes and system components.
• Facilitate the execution of deployment plans.
• Work with business and technical staff to analyze any problems identified during the deployment process and develop solutions that effectively address those problems.
• Work directly with operational bureau managers and staff in order to facilitate, coordinate and complete the numerous activities required as business owners of the Deployment Phase of the System Development Life Cycle.
Leadership and teamwork
• Project a positive outlook and attitude.
• Be flexible and receptive to new assignments based on evolving business needs, system capabilities and resource availability.
• Enable and empower subordinate staff to perform their duties independently whenever possible.
• Set example for subordinate staff by completing assignments promptly and with high quality.
• Be collaborative and cooperative.
• Embrace ownership of business activities and be accountable for effectively performing the duties associated with that ownership role.
• Maintain an environment that fosters and supports creative solutions and continuous improvement.
• Maintain a working environment that is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a competent and highly motivated workforce.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
• Strong interpersonal skills, particularly verbal and written communication.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Experience working with an enterprise system such as PeopleSoft.
• Strong Knowledge of business analysis, techniques and tools.
• Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to interact and work well with technical and business staff.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address listed below by September 24, 2018. Please reference #01810-01813, 01815-01817, 08186, 08189, 08474-JM in subject line when responding. (The Vacancy ID at the top of this posting should not be included).