Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
328 State Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list, or;
Candidates must have permanently served at least one year in a title designated as appropriate for transfer in accordance with Section 52.6 or Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Associate Workers' Compensation Examiner, the incumbent will be responsible for calculating and maintaining adequate security deposits to protect the self-insured community and the State from assuming unfunded obligations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Reviewing, processing, and approving or denying self-insurance applications, including the calculation of initial security deposits;
• Processing self-insurer terminations under the Workers' Compensation, Disability Benefits & Paid Family Leave Laws;
• Maintaining workers' compensation, disability, and paid family leave benefit self-insurer coverage information in the Workers' Compensation Board's Insurance Compliance database (IC2);
• Performing workers' compensation, disability, and paid family leave security deposit calculations and completing the initial review of the results;
• Reviewing and processing security deposit instruments (letters of credits, surety bonds, cash) and associated transactions, including the processing of letter of credit "evergreen letters";
• Processing workers' compensation, disability, and paid family leave benefits security deposit reduction requests;
• Assisting supervisory and management personnel on communications with internal and external stakeholders, when necessary; and reviewing and processing external stakeholder communications, related to both self- insurance employer & claimant issues;
• Assisting with the review of workers' compensation, disability, and paid family leave benefits annual reports as needed;
• Answering inquiries regarding various issues within the workers' compensation, disability benefit, paid family leave, group, and political subdivision programs;
• Supervising, mentoring and training subordinate staff;
• Completing special assignments as needed.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item#484 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.