Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
7 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications • Must be currently permanent in the title of Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding;
• Must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding;
• Must be Eligible for 70.1 transfer in a designated title determined by the New York State Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 grades of targeted title). Must take a performance exam to demonstrate keyboarding skills, if you have not held an Office Assistant 1 position.
• Qualified for Provisional Appointment to an Office Assistant 2 Keyboarding. (Must have one-year permanent service as an Office Assistant 1. If previously did not hold an Office Assistant 1 position, the applicant must take and pass a performance exam to demonstrate keyboarding skills.)
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient In-Title and/or Civil Service List Candidates.
Duties Description • Greeting, assisting, and/or redirecting visitors providing general information.
• Sorting and distributing incoming mail and faxes.
• Telephone support coverage as required.
• Scheduling meetings and interviews as requested.
• Request and track required references and documentation for candidates’ files.
• On date of interview, provide assistance with greeting candidates, collecting required documentation, and general assistance to the Administrator(s).
• Maintain follow-up systems and communicate with Administrator(s) to ensure that functions are being executed timely and properly.
• Type correspondence, posting vacancy notices, job letters, test invitations, score notifications, exam score transfer letters, degree verifications, references, and other documents using the appropriate software program.
• Mail canvass letters, prepare appropriate folder(s), maintain log book.
• Code Civil Service lists and prepare appropriate documents for the Administrator(s).
• Assist in a variety of staffing projects including, but not limited to, the overall vacancy posting notification system, DSAT testing, and employee resignations.
• Prepare Personnel Transaction Request forms for new hires, separations, and staff movement as required.
• Maintain organized systems for filing for employee history files, DSAT test applications, prospective employee folders, and posting vacancy notices.
• Assist Human Resources Specialists in all aspects of recruitment and candidate background checks for direct care, administrative support and clerical hires.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by September 25, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 470
Notes on ApplyingPOSITION DESCRIPTION:
Office Assistants 2 either supervise two or more Office Assistants 1 or other lower-level staff; and/or directly perform the more difficult
or complicated clerical processing and office support work for which substantive knowledge of the program area is required.