Minimum Qualifications Either 1) Reachable on the Civil Service eligible list; 2)Eligible for reassignment by virtue of having permanent competitive service as an Information Technology Specialist 1 (14); OR 3) Eligible for transfer under the provisions of sections 52.6,70.4 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law by virtue of having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
Duties Description The duties for the Information Technology Specialist 1 include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accept and log incoming Help Desk calls and provide assistance if possible
- Diagnose, resolve and escalate problems as needed
- Provide assistance to users with password changes
- Unlock accounts for PeopleSoft, Network, Visual Basic Applications and Imaging
- Provide hardware setup and deployment of computer equipment, thin clients, laptops, monitors, printers, etc.
- Prepare for scheduled events such as board meetings, conferences and presentations
- Asset management of NYSTRS hardware
- Update and maintain all inventory records and prepare materials for sale
- Provide remote assistance to school districts with their rejected data, including speaking with district contacts and advising them on how to resubmit corrected district information
- Support of our internal application ADM-262’s that provides IT staff with work orders
- Manage our electronic media off-site storage and retrieval to Iron Mountain and Record Center, including maintaining storage schedules and deliveries
- Prepare various reports for supervisor both written and oral
- Provide occasional extended hours or off hours support to ensure unit coverage
Additional Comments Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge in PeopleSoft process scheduling and reporting
- Knowledge of NYSTRS’ Employer Reporting system
- Knowledge of the following hardware: Computers, Wyse, tablets, printers, scanners, smart phones, barcode readers and label makers
- Knowledge of the following software: Windows 7 or 10 and Office or Office 365
- Asset Management and barcode readers
- Software Deployment and Application Virtualization
- Security and Patching; OS Imaging and Recovery
- ServiceNow Incident Management (Help Desk)
- Knowledge of any of the following: Snag-it, Adobe products, Dameware, RDP Citrix and VMware
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease use the attached link to review the latest position vacancy notice for an Information Technology Specialist 1 in the Customer Support and Security Administration section of the Information Technology Department.