Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Program Aide and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent permanent, or 55b/c service as an Administrative Aide or Agency Program Aide; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to the Grade 11 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Administrative Aide/Agency Program Aide Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to an Agency Program Aide is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description • Monitor and evaluate data for deficiencies and assist in correcting problems.
• Collect, tabulate and analyze data.
• Draw conclusions from analyzed data and make appropriate recommendations.
• Create tables and charts; and draft reports to document analyses and procedures.
• Review and make determinations on grant applications and contracts.
• Monitor the use of grant funds to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
• Gather, review and evaluate information required by professionals to conduct financial and program audits.
• Draft procedures and provide guidance on requirements for budget revisions and amendments.
• Assist in the preparation, review, evaluation and analysis of a variety of reports and records specific to the assignment.
• Compile, tabulate, and verify financial and statistical data, such as financial projections and performance indicators, to be used in the preparation and analysis of agency budget submissions or in response to questions from the Division of Budget (DOB).
• Assist in monitoring agency expenditures by comparing expenditures with DOB guidelines, the State Finance Law, agency programs and policies, previous budget requests and applicable federal polices and rules.
• Review budget data prepared by agency program staff for completeness and responsiveness to budgetary needs and projections. Confer with program administrators to exchange information and resolve questions.
• Compare legislative budget with the proposed budget to identify differences.
• Work with program staff to source candidates for job vacancies.
• Assist in the recruitment of employees by answering questions and providing information concerning salary, benefits, working conditions and locations, agency/facility goals and objectives and the structure and operation of State government.
• Review employment applications and identify candidates that meet qualifications for job postings.
• May perform initial interviews with candidates to determine qualifications and interest in employment or perform exit interviews to gain information on turnover.
• Draft recruitment materials and job postings for review by higher level staff.
• Provide coordination, organization and management of the criteria found in legislation specific to GML 205cc.
Additional Comments Occasional travel is required. Occasional weekend work may be required.
NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.