Minimum Qualifications EITHER 1) Reachable on the Civil Service eligible list (if you are on the eligible list for this title you will automatically be canvassed for this position if your score is reachable for potential employment); OR 2) Eligible for reassignment by virtue of having permanent competitive service as an Office Assistant 2 (Calculations) (9); OR 3) Eligible for transfer under the provisions of Sec. 70.1, 70.4 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law by virtue of having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
Duties Description The duties for the Office Assistant 2 (Calculations) position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide assistance and backup for the daily bank deposit
- Maintain control of all physical checks being processed
- Primary or backup for all depository bank processes and functions
- Prepare correspondence and checks for mailing/distribution related to payments
- Track and reconcile incoming and outgoing cash
- Maintain petty cash
- Prepare and distribute employee payroll/reimbursement checks
- Answer telephone inquires from members/retirees related to lost checks, direct deposit, mailing addresses, etc.
- Prior experience in a Finance/Accounting office
- Computer aptitude
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft
- Experience providing direct customer service via phone and email
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Additional Comments NYSTRS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where diversity is valued and recognized as a source of strength and enrichment. We seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingThe link to the employment application is: https://nystrs.peopleadmin.com.
Use the search tab to locate the position for which you are applying. You must create an account or log in to your account in order to be able to apply for a position. Please note that resumes will not be accepted as a substitute, in whole or part, for a completed application.