Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
200 West Dominick Street
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Current or previous permanent service as an HIM Tech 2, or
Must be reachable on the current civil service list for HIM Tech 2 or
Eligible for 70.1 Currently a permanent HIM Tech 2 or 70.1 Transfer Eligible within two grades as determined by Civil Service.
Should the civil service canvass result in less than 3 acceptors provisional candidates will be considered.
You must meet one of the following requirements:
1. You must be currently certified by the American Health Information Management Association as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); OR
2. You must be currently certified by the American Health Information Management Association as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) AND have one year of full-time professional (post-RHIT) health information management experience*.
*For purposes of this examination, professional health information management experience must include: reviewing medical records with physicians, coding and indexing diseases and operative procedures, compiling statistics required for hospital service analysis, and responsibility for all technical aspects of the implementation of a facility health information management program.
For information on the requirements for certification, you may contact the American Health Information Management
If appointed on provisional status, you must participate in the next Civil Service examination(s) and be a reachable candidate in order to obtain permanent status and maintain your position.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The HIM Technician 2 reports to the Health Information Management Administrator 1. Incumbent will supervise HIM Tech 1, perform and oversee record maintenance and management, database management for various systems, and Medicaid Compliance functions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervises Health Information Management Technician 1
• Provides coverage for other Health Information Management Technician 2
• Generates and distributes TABS reports as scheduled and as requested
• Trains new staff in TABS and CHOICES databases and provides technical assistance
• Performs Record Management and Monitoring functions
• Provides technical assistance to teams on records management
• Maintains Master Patient Index file
• Adheres to established record maintenance and management policies and procedures
• Responds to Release of Information requests; subpoenas and any legal document responsibilities
• Assists HIMA 1 with Medicaid Compliance functions
• Monitors activity services and Revenue Target reports
• Assists HIMA 1 with development or review of existing job procedures
• Assists in the creation of guidance documents staff as needed
• Participates on local and statewide committees
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• May be asked to travel to other OPWDD locations for local or statewide initiatives.
Additional Comments Important note: the candidate selected to this position is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss any previously approved time off with their new supervisor. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time.Questions about this position can be directed to MaryAnn Flagg, Health Info Management Administrator 3 at 315-339-3941.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 09/25/2018 and include EOA # 18-194 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.