Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Administrative Specialist 1, (previously Administrative Assistant) and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Administrative Assistant; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 13 and above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6, or 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law*.
Individuals with current standing on the Professional Career Opportunity (PCO) eligible list with the score of 100 are encouraged to apply.
Individuals with current 55b/c status who possess a Bachelor’s degree are encouraged to apply. You will be asked to supply a copy of your eligibility letter along with a copy of your degree or transcript.*
*Successful completion of a two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Specialist 1, SG-18.
Employees reachable on the PATT eligible list will be canvassed and do not need to apply. This announcement is to notify individuals of a transfer opportunity only.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Administrative Assistant is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description • Assesses annual financial needs and proposals.
• Discusses and clarifies proposals with program managers.
• Obtains and develops information to plan, prepare and justify proposed and projected expenditures.
• Maintains financial records to monitor and control expenditures.
• Prepares and evaluates expenditure and other financial reports.
• Prepares grant applications and administers approved grants.
• Locates sources for goods and services.
• Prepares cost/benefit analyses of goods and services and meets with vendors and contractors to discuss potential purchases.
• Approves purchases and requisitions, assigns approved expenditures to programs and maintains records of purchases.
• Resolves problems with vendors.
• Initiates and prepares requests to fill vacancies. Reviews submitted requests to determine if they are in accordance with approved staffing plans and prepares the justifications for filling vacancies.
• Arranges and assists in conducting interviews and making hiring decisions.
• Obtains and reviews credentials, references and other documentation to support transactions and decisions about hiring and promotion.
• Prepares job descriptions and justifications to support classification requests.
• Maintains training records about employees and reviews and approves training nominations for staff.
• Arranges for special training in response to management, program, and staff needs.
• Reviews equipment and space needs and prepares space utilization plans.
• Arranges for the construction and modification of offices.
• Assures that equipment is properly installed and operating and arranges for vendor repairs and replacements.
• Manages telecommunications programs by arranging for installation. Maintenance, and modifications of telephone and telecommunications systems.
• Assists in analyzing, developing and implementing computer systems to meet office and program needs by conducting assessments, meeting with systems analysts to assist in defining, selecting and installing hardware and software and coordinating the purchase and installation of equipment and systems.
• Develops maintenance plans and programs for equipment and facilities.
• Manages central files, printing, inventory, mail and other support operations.
• Conducts studies to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of staffing patterns, work methods and procedures and recommends revisions.
• Prepares procedures to describe, revise, and control work activities.
• Compiles data and prepares reports and recommendations about work problems.
• Designs, revises and controls the use of forms in support of program managers.
• Develops and implements record-keeping systems and controls.
• Provides coordination, organization and management of the criteria found in Legislation specific to GML 205cc
Additional Comments Occasional travel required. Occasional weekend work may be required.
NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.