Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Provisional Qualifications: Candidate must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office of Mental Health or the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities AND have had 1 year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Mental Hygiene Staff Development Specialist 3, Mental Hygiene Staff Development Specialist 3 (Nursing), Training Specialist 1 (Mental Health), or Training Specialist 1 (Nursing).
NOTE: If the number of interested candidates is three or fewer, a competitive examination will not be held and the agency at its discretion may nominate a qualified employee for non-competitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 to obtain information and RA forms.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Training Specialist 2 Mental Hygiene will plan, organize, and oversee a comprehensive education and training program for Taconic employees. The incumbent will work with local and state operations and regional office leadership to coordinate training efforts to ensure employees remain in compliance with regulatory requirements. These required trainings relate to the health and safety of individuals supported and the Core mission of the agency; for example: PROMOTE, CPR/First Aide, Medication Administration and New Employee Orientation training. This position may require incumbent to act as the Department Director for short or extended periods of time.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Interface with directors/managers of statewide Workforce and Talent Management units in order to support initiatives affecting recruitment/onboarding/retention of new employees and a workforce of existing employees who effectively deliver services in concurrence with OPWDD’s mission
• Communicate with State Operations managers, including DDSOO Directors, managers of Safety, Business Office, DDRO, HRMO and ITS, to determine workforce needs in a rapidly changing regulatory and organizational environment
• Oversee Traineeship Program – manage program and facilitate meetings as well as provide support to managers in service delivery
• Dialogue with State Operations managers in order to find effective local implementation strategies for GOER, OPWDD and Federal statewide initiatives
• Monitor staff compliance with the Statewide Learning Management System
• Provide training and establish/maintain instructor compliance in required trainings as determined by the WTM Regional Director.
• Supervise Training Specialist 1s, paraprofessional and support staff as appropriate
• Work with ITS managers and Central Office Training staff to use technology effectively to deliver programs in a 24/7 organizational environment across large geographic catchment area
• Oversee the development of curricula at the local program level as needed
• Participation in Administrator on Call (AOC) may be required
• Other duties as assigned by the agency Director or WTM Regional Director
Additional Comments Travel within the five-county catchment area will be required in the performance of the duties of the position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed per OSC travel rules and guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER