Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment Method
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Beginning Office Assistant, #26-114. May be filled at the Trainee level, SG-6. Upon successful completion of 12 months as Licensing Services Clerk Trainee, you will automatically advance to Licensing Services Clerk.
Transfer: Candidates in a title eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law are encouraged to apply. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) is seeking candidates to fill the position of Licensing Services Clerk, SG-9. Duties of this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Answers questions from the public on the requirements of Mortgage Loan Servicer and Mortgage Broker licensure program, and surrender of license, and searches records to determine application status;
• Reviews and processes notices of change in officers and directors for exempt entities; validates licensing status of regulated entity;
• Reviews incoming mortgage loan servicer surety bonds for authenticity; monitors compliance with surety bond requirements to ensure compliance with laws and regulations; rejects unacceptable documents; searches records to determine bond compliance history of mortgage loan servicer and prepares written letters to mortgage loan servicers advising of noncompliance with surety bond requirements and document deficiencies;
• Prepares written occurrence letters for transmittal to surety bond companies informing company of potential claim; processes claim letters and completes claim forms received from surety company for payment of surety bond claims;
• Prepares written communication to registered mortgage loan servicers and mortgage brokers outlining annual renewal requirements; develops tracking reports monitoring renewal inquiries received by the Department during the period November I - December 31;
• Electronically preserves documentary records as needed; maintains records for the required retention periods and then purges outdated records; and
• Reads and interprets basic rules and regulations governing the mortgage loan servicing and mortgage broker licensing process; responds to inquiry from licensees and registrants regarding the Department’s policy and requirements for license surrender and change of address.
Additional Comments Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill. Please note that a change in negotiating unit may affect your salary, insurance and other benefits. May be filled at Trainee Level. Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than September 25, 2018 to the email address listed below. Please include Box LSC-07299-2223 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.