Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree, successful completion of at least four (4) examinations from the Casualty Actuarial Society and four years of actuarial experience. The Application for Examination may be accessed through the following link: https://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/20-113.pdf. Candidates must complete and submit the Application for Examination appropriate for this position.
Please see the NYS Department of Civil Service examination announcement linked below for additional notes regarding these qualifications: https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/oc-cr/decentralized/20-118.cfm
Preferred qualifications include membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) or an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA). Disability actuarial experience preferred.
Duties Description Illustrative Duties:
The Principal Actuary Casualty will report to the Chief Actuary or other high-level actuarial staff and will be responsible for performing the following duties which include but will not be limited to:
• Overseeing the monthly booking and review of workers’ compensation loss and loss adjustment reserves.
• Calculate indicated loss reserves.
• Coordinate with and support external actuaries
• Analyze claim trends and drivers.
• Develop monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
• Review rates and rate structure.
• Analyze, investigate and assist in the development of new products and contracts.
• Preparation of reports to rating bureaus and regulatory agencies.
• Calculation of ATF fatal, permanent disability & permanent partial claim deposits.
• Prepare cashflow projections for the Worker’s compensation and Aggregate Trust Funds
• Develop analytics, models and presentations to support executive level decision making.
• Advise and assist business partners in the use of actuarial and mathematical techniques to analyze the business.
• Manage staff of junior actuaries and/or non-actuarial staff.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease include the position title and vacancy id number on your cover letter. Candidates should mail or email their cover letter, resume and Application for Examination to the following address:
The New York State Insurance Fund
Attn: Human Resources
15 Computer Drive West
Albany, NY 12205
E-Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org