Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Fire Protection Specialist 2 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Fire Protection Specialist 2.
Employees reachable on the Fire Protection Specialist 2 Civil Service eligible list have been canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about a transfer opportunity.
Duties Description Provide direct supervision of Fire Protection Specialist 1’s. Coordinate and oversee training programs, fire inspections, investigations and/or technical rescue services. Provide consultation and expert technical assistance in a variety of fire and emergency services related areas. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
• Review curricula, lesson plans and instructional materials for content, relevance and accuracy.
• Oversee, or provide instruction on fire prevention, protection, investigation and technical/special services training courses.
• Assist state agencies and other entities in the development and implementation of fire safety policy and program development for facilities under their operation.
• Recommend new training programs and assist in program development.
• Set-up and maintain work schedules for Fire Protection Specialist 1’s, including teaching and inspection assignments.
• Perform technical assistance and emergency response activities.
• Perform supervisory functions to ensure proper staffing levels and finances are available to support programs.
• Provide coordination, organization and management of the criteria found in legislation specific to GML 205cc.
NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.