Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Head File Clerk eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a grade 15 or higher.
Duties Description • Oversee the receipt, storage and eventual disposition of records.
• Requests are received, reviewed, prioritized and delegated to clerical staff.
• Prepare retention and disposition schedules according to established guidelines and submit proposed schedules to the State Archives.
• Work with agency and Archives staff to help determine the appropriate time frame for proposed schedules.
• Work with State Records Center staff to ensure proper storage and disposition of records held off site.
• This includes records retention schedules, general information, procedures, and guidelines for various technologies.
• Create and maintain a shared drive for agency customers for their Records Management needs.
• Records Management -Assists Agency staff with determining the appropriate records series, retention schedule and filing system.
• Reviews records and ensure secure disposal of out-of-date documents.
• Work with Archives staff to ensure proper procedures are met when transferring documents to them for permanent retention.
• Maintain the records inventory and locations and transfer of records.
• Reviews transfer lists, retention schedules and works with our customers to develop knowledge of our process and managing their records- (including records series, retention schedules, and storage procedures).
• Track and approve destruction and shredding of records.
• General oversight of three staff. This includes, but is not limited to, training of new employees and ensuring current staff are aware of procedural changes.
• Endure staff adhere to the Department’s time and attendance policy.
• Approves time off to ensure proper coverage.
• Works closely with Human Resources” staff to ensure personnel procedures are met.
• Resolves personnel problems and completes performance plans for staff.
• Assigns daily work, ensuring proper coverage of all duties. Review of clerical work for accuracy.
• Review of clerical work for accuracy.
• Supervision: Direct-incumbent directly supervises the activities, tasks and work behavior of subordinate staff assigned to the same unit, program or title series.
• Supervision: Indirect- incumbent supervises or manages staff through other supervisors and managers.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies :
• Strong Organizational Skills, Attention to Detail is Critical
• Strong Communication Skills; with Management. OSC staff, and Records staff
• Able to physically move boxes of records, as needed
• Records management background would be a plus, but not required
• Supervisory experience desired, although willing to train qualified applicant
• Knowledge Microsoft Office
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than September 26, 2018. Please reference Item #07731 – NAS when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The Vacancy ID # should not be included.