Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be currently reachable on the eligible list or be eligible to transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates appointed from the departmental eligible list will be required to serve a two-year traineeship that leads to Accountant Aide, G-13.
Candidat Candidates appointed to the traineeship must have completed six credit hours of accounting/auditing and will need to complete an additional six credit hours of accounting/auditing courses before completion of the traineeship.
To be eligible to transfer via 70.1 to Accountant Aide Trainee, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to grade 7 or higher and have completed six credit hours of accounting/auditing.
To be eligible to transfer via 70.1 to Accountant Aide, SG-13, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to grade 11 or higher and have completed 12 credit hours of accounting/auditing.
Duties Description Employer Billing
• Employer billing processes: assist in analysis and production of Salary Listing, Prior Year’s Adjustments, Annual Estimate of Employer Invoice, Employer Projections and Rates, Employer Annual Invoice. Assist in collection of $3B in contributions from 3400 participating employers. Assist in data analysis for the GASB disclosures, review of annual journal entries.
Employer Access to Retirement Online
• Maintain merge and bulkload processes to give Employer users access to Retirement Online. These processes function through the use of complex spreadsheets, ensure accuracy and timeliness of data.
• Work with Employer Reporting to address reconciliation issues for any of the 3400+ reports submitted monthly, plus adjustment reports. Work with Associate Accountant to perform daily reconciliation of general ledger and journal entries.
Other Duties As Assigned
• Employer Services accounting personnel perform of variety of analytical tasks on an as needed basis, calculation of future pya’s, analysis of reported data from employers, reconciliation of state payroll, calculation of prepayments on amortizations, responses to FOIL requests and providing data for Comptroller briefings. The incumbent would assist in these tasks where appropriate.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
• Experience with web based applications and Office software
• Experience testing and analyzing data
• Familiar with clerical functions, logging and documenting transactions
• Customer service experience and phone skills.
• Prepares written correspondence
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than September 26, 2018. Please reference Item # 01496 GOER-JAM in the subject line of the email and in the cover letter when responding (The Vacancy ID # should NOT be included).