Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Secretary 1 eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1, candidates must have one year of permanent, competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a salary grade 9 or higher. If the candidate is not currently incumbering, or has not previously held a keyboard or secretarial title, the candidate must take and pass a typing proficiency exam to qualify for transfer.
Duties Description • Reports to Investment Officers in Asset Classes; Ad hoc reporting to Director of Operations
• Provide confidential secretarial support for the Director of Operations, asset classes and their staff, including compiling meeting materials and disseminating to investment teams
• Screen telephone calls and visitors, handling routine inquiries where possible; refer callers and visitors to appropriate personnel based on understanding the roles and responsibility of each investment officer
• Screen and review incoming correspondence and prepare responses to routine matters based, refer other correspondence to appropriate individual for response based on understanding the roles and responsibility of each investment officer
• Prepare letters, memos, drafts, etc. based on instruction from the Director or other asset class staff
• Assist in the compilation of external reports, including the comprehensive annual financial report, quarterly financial reports, and other public-facing reports
• Assist in the procurement process for investment-related systems and services including RFP coordination with investment officers and paperwork generation
• Assist with preparing and processing travel related documents, including pre-approvals, researching travel arrangements, travel vouchers, reconciling receipts, and more as needed
• Schedule meetings and provide video conference support
• Communicate verbally and in writing with internal and external customers
• Special projects as requested by Director of Operations
Additional Comments Desired Competencies/Preferred Qualifications:
• High ethical standards and commitment to the fiduciary responsibilities of a pension fund
• Strong written and oral communication skills to assist with reports, presentations, and other internal communications
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to maintain detailed and accurate records and files
• Ability to meet deadlines, work under supervision, and take a highly detail-oriented approach to work
• Able to exhibit meaningful discretion and confidentiality when handling sensitive materials
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Office of Human Resources - 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than September 23, 2018. Please reference Item #06900/06901 – GOER-CMC when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.