Office of Information Technology Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Assistant Director of Information Technology Services 1 Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated SG-28/M-3 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Performance Improvement Management Services is seeking candidates for an Assistant Director of Information Technology Services 1 position in the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead ITS’ Business Solutions organization;
• Build partnerships with NYSED business units to implement technology solutions that advance the success of their mission;
• Manage NYSED’s application development staff and their work plans, and adjust resource allocations and priorities;
• Monitor the status of ongoing projects and application maintenance activities, and help coordinate the resolution of any technical issues, problems, or conflicts;
• Lead the ITS’ Project and Portfolio, Management, and Systems Analysis operations, and support and promote the use of standard software development and project management processes;
• Champion the development and adoption of an enterprise architecture and architecture governance process;
• Provide strategic input and leadership for system modernization projects, including consultation with New York State’s Office of Information Technology Services where required;
• Provide recommendations for technology solutions to the Chief Information Officer and NYSED executive leadership;
• Lead continuous efforts to communicate ITS plans and practices to our customers;
• Develop and implement processes to bring ITS into planning processes for program IT investments;
• Collaborate with senior ITS management in the development of NYSED’s information technology strategies and plans, budget development and management, staffing needs, staff recruitment, and staff development programs;
• Ensure that contracts and procurements impacting the operation of ITS address IT resource, technology and architecture standards, project methodology, and vendor management requirements;
• Review and assist NYSED business offices with technology decisions and investments; and
• Participate in agency improvement, prioritization efforts, and projects that advance the goals of the Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of the Budget approval.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $136,042 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (Email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-354/01801) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (Email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-354/01801) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.