Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Office of General Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Environmental Analyst 2 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status as an Environmental Analyst 2; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Associate Environmental Analyst Agriculture and eligible to transfer via 70.1.
Duties Description • Manage the Bureau of Land Management- Environmental Unit;
• Implement/oversee SEQR process within the agency to ensure that OGS is in compliance with the provisions of the State Environmental Quality Review Act;
• Prepare/review Environmental Impact Statements;
• Conduct/oversee environmental impact assessment of proposed actions;
• Prepare/review interdisciplinary environmental and regulatory reviews;
• Interact with government agencies and the public on environmental review and permitting procedures; provide consultation on environmental laws, rules and regulations;
• Conduct/oversee office evaluations and field investigations related to multi-disciplinary environmental regulatory programs such as water quality, wetlands, air quality, solid and hazardous waste management, and mining, and serving as the agency’s chief resource on complex projects/facilities which require integrated environmental review.
• Serve as project manager on a broad range of environmental projects affecting State lands and buildings. Interpret environmental laws and regulations to evaluate project impacts;
• Represent OGS at meetings with local officials, federal and state regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders;
• Assist in developing environmental policy, regulations and legislation for the agency;
• Participate in training of Bureau staff in environmental issues related to the performance of their assigned duties;
• Utilize computer-assisted programs to manage, track and schedule review activities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.