Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
960 W. First Street
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Currently a permanent Habilitation Specialist I (who meets QIDP standards)
70.1 Transfer Quals:
One year of permanent service in a direct care/paraprofessional/or professional title - Grade 12 or higher (who meets QIDP standards).
Persons who are on the current Habilitation Specialist I Civil Service list may also apply. Consideration will be
contingent upon reachability or eligibility in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Simultaneous to this posting the Civil Service list for Habilitation Specialist 1 may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Ensure individuals reach their optimal level of functioning by developing individual day habilitation plans, setting goals, and monitoring an individual’s progress in reaching those goals. Provides clinical guidance to, and may supervise a limited number of direct care staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Development of program plans based on each individual’s valued outcomes.
• Documentation of program-specific plans.
• Participates in individuals’ ISP meetings.
• Participates in activities which support the program(s) and/or the unit’s approach to providing optimum care for all individuals.
• Oversee all aspects of special components of the program which occur regularly.
• Verify all program services are provided as prescribed by team planning process.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit PRF-1, and/or cover letter and résumé by 9/26/18, to:
Central New York DDSO
Attn: Human Resources
187 Northern Concourse
North Syracuse, NY 13212
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Kelly Scanlon TTL at 315-598-6120.
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.