Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Assistant.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-11 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Assistant Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Employees of ACCES-VR who are currently in a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Assistant position and are interested in being reassigned to the location indicated on this flyer MUST apply for the position as outlined in the Application section of this flyer.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services- Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking to fill a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Assistant position in the Albany District Office. The incumbent of this position will perform a variety of paraprofessional tasks to support staff in the field as they provide vocational rehabilitation services to individuals with disabilities who are interested in becoming employed or retaining their current employment. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage email inquiries from District Offices, which includes processing Case Management Systems (CaMS) and finance role requests for staff and directing policy and technical assistance inquiries to appropriate staff for response;
• Prepare and respond to routine correspondence with participants and their families, vendors and other staff of the Department and other agencies concerning a participant’s status and progress;
• Assist supervisor in responding to specific participant inquiries by contacting District Office staff, documenting results, gathering information from CaMS and conducting follow-up on participants working with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors in District Offices;
• Assist supervisor with the collection and review of data on participant outcomes and District Office goals;
• Assist District Office staff in the review of participant eligibility for financial assistance; and
• Participate in special projects, as assigned.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview. Limited travel will also be required.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $55,008, based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 5, 2018 firstname.lastname@example.org (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2127/46450) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 5, 2018 email@example.com (E-mail submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (ACS-2127/46450) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.