Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Alfred E. Smith Building
Minimum Qualifications There are no education or experience qualifications for this class.
Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position including the ability to regularly perform activities requiring heavy lifting of 50 pounds or more and be able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions.
Duties Description • Receiving, storing and distributing supplies, equipment and furniture;
• Receiving all packages delivered to DCJS staff via the building dock area, checking for damage, verifying contents and quantity, signing paperwork and delivering to the appropriate office;
• Tracking all receiving and delivery of purchased items utilizing NeoTrac (a computerized system);
• Filling and delivering supply orders to staff and returning signed paperwork for processing;
• Shipping or delivering forms for Agency staff following USPS and UPS procedures;
• Moving heavy furniture, boxes, records and other materials;
• Receiving all instrument drop-offs by police agencies and delivering them to the Highway Safety Technology Unit;
• Placing stock items on designated shelving areas;
• Distributing and picking up sensitive scrap bins as needed;
• Operating pallet jacks or using hand trucks and flatbeds to move or receive items;
• Setting up or removing furniture for office moves;
• Maintaining storage areas and distribution center including keeping them organized and clean;
• Maintaining and updating computerized inventory records for supplies, publications and DCJS forms;
• Working with Agency staff to resolve discrepancies and locate items using NeoTrac;
• Setting up conference rooms for meetings and special events;
• Picking up surplus materials through the building;
• Assisting the Fleet Unit with Agency vehicles as needed; and
• Assisting the mailroom with mail pickup and deliveries as needed.
Additional Comments The position may involve local travel, therefore, candidates with a driver’s license are preferred.
Appointment is subject to Division of Budget waiver approval.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Derick Eng, Director of Workforce Diversity and Equity Programs at (518) 485-7962. The Equal Employment Opportunity Utilization Report is also available for review by contacting Derick Eng.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Alfred E. Smith Building
Notes on ApplyingPlease send a cover letter and resume to the email/address above. Please reference posting # 58985 on your cover letter.
DCJS was named to the Times Union’s list of 2017 and 2018 Top Workplaces as voted on by our employees, and received special recognition for fostering new ideas and communication.