Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment Method:
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the Civil Service eligible list for Office Assistant 3, #37-838.
Transfer: Candidates in titles eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law are encouraged to apply. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/
Please Note that under Civil Service Law, an employee cannot have two consecutive upward 70.1 or 52.6 transfers without an intervening eligible list appointment if such transfers would exceed two salary grades.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (DFS) is seeking applicants to fill the position of Office Assistant 3. The incumbent will perform general activities in support of the Mortgage Banking unit as assigned, including, but not limited to:
• Assists in the preparation of Examination First Day Letters to regulated entities requesting specific information as directed by unit supervisor; coordinates the transmittal of examination reports for binding by office services and facilitates distribution of examination reports to Executive and business unit managers as necessary;
• Prepares archiving and examination status reports and tracks the status of outgoing and incoming examination reports and workpapers submitted for review and filing;
• Maintains tracking report for Examination First Day Letter responses received by the Department;
• Reviews clerical operations associated with submission of examination reports for review and tracking of First Day Letter responses to determine operational inefficiency and recommends appropriate changes in processes;
• Develops formal statistical reports analyzing man-hours associated with the preparation, transmittal and receipt of First Day Letter responses, rescheduling of examinations, and completion of in-house report review process;
• Inputs examination related data into internal examination database, identifies missing historic data, reconciles computerized records with hardcopy reports and updates database as necessary to accurately reflect examination status, transmittal dates, rating, assigned staff and man-hours allocated to examinations;
• Assists in transitioning paper-based records to the newly deployed examination database, including scanning and uploading critical examination related records and downloading data from portable storage devices;
• Prepares annual comparative statistical report detailing trends in examination ratings, violations cited, including identification of patterns of findings by type of regulated entity, operating platform and geographic region; and
• Supervises lower-level Office Assistants within unit.
Preferred Qualifications: Effective writing, communication and customer service skills, strong technical and organizational skills and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Additional Comments Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill. Please note that a change in negotiating unit may affect your salary, insurance and other benefits. Please note that positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply:
Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than September 28, 2018 to the email address listed below. Please include “Box OA3- MB-07355” in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
Box OA3- MB-07355
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job. If the accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency, the agency is not required to provide it.