Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for 70.1 transfer.
• Ability to manage changing priorities in a fast-paced office environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
• Strong knowledge of professional correspondence formatting.
• Ability to proofread and edit all correspondence prepared for signature.
• Desire to contribute to a team-oriented workplace.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) provides high-quality, person-centered services, supports and advocacy to approximately 136,000 individuals with developmental disabilities in New York State. We are guided in our interactions with the people we serve and each other by compassion, dignity, diversity, excellence and honesty.
OPWDD’s Division of Service Delivery-Statewide Services and the Bureau of Behavioral and Clinical Services (BBCS) is seeking a Secretary 1 to support staff working within Statewide Services and BBCS through providing administrative support to the division Assistant Deputy Commissioner, as well as the Deputy Director for Statewide Services, Director of Nursing and Health Services, Chief Psychologist, and other staff employed in the BBCS unit.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Administrative support to the Assistant Deputy Commissioner, clinicians and other agency administrators. This includes but is not limited to telephone triage, formal correspondence, coordinating and scheduling meetings, and providing support functions at meetings.
• Perform Third Step Eligibility Review Committee and Commissioner Review Committee (CRC) administrative support and monitoring tasks including dissemination of critical clinical information and maintaining files both electronically and in paper format.
• Organize information from individuals’ records so that documentation is available for clinicians to efficiently review for clinical review and consultation requests.
• Prepare, modify and edit spreadsheets.
• Perform other tasks which fall under the categories of communication, coordination, organization and records maintenance.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue