Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
P.O. Box 140, Rockland Psyche Center, Building 57
Minimum Qualifications Nurse 2 Psychiatric – One year of post-licensure registered nurse clinical experience, including six months of post-licensure specialized nursing experience with individuals, at least 50% of whom have been diagnosed with mental illness, alcoholism, or chemical dependency; OR 18 months of post-licensure registered nurse general clinical experience; OR eligible transfer.
NOTE: Candidate must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain licensure, certification and Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
Russell E. Blaisdell ATC is a Tobacco-Free Facility
Duties Description The Nurse 2 is a member of the facility’s multidisciplinary treatment team and provides professional nursing services. Specific duties include:
• Provides direct nursing care to patients, including admission assessments, dispensing medication, providing physician-ordered medical treatment, transcribing orders, accurate documentation, and collection of specimens for laboratory analysis or culture;
• Work closely with pharmacies and prescribers;
• Provides health education to patients, monitors patient behavior and participates in treatment planning;
• Works as part of a multidisciplinary team;
• Performs other nursing duties as assigned;
• Obtain blood work and vitals from patients, as requested;
• Crisis intervention (both behavioral & medical);
• Completion of other tasks to meet ATC needs: monitor phone calls, assist with meals, chart audits, and other duties as assigned by supervisory staff.
Additional Comments Nurse 2 Psy: $50,722 - $64,557
Nurse 1: $45,455 - $58,028
Plus Shift Differential: $4,500
Plus Inconvenience Pay: $575
Plus Location Pay: $3,026
Plus Geographic Pay: $12,871
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue,
Notes on ApplyingIf interested, please submit a fully completed New York State Examination Application (NYS-APP) to the address above, found at this link: https://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf
There is no fee for this examination.