Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable on the eligible list for this title or a current New York State employee eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Division of Enterprise Solutions is seeking a person to work as a Revenue and Reimbursement Program Development Specialist 2 in Revenue Support Field Operations, which is based in Albany. The PDS 2 is part of the RSFO team responsible for securing Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Social Security and other benefits for the individuals residing in state and voluntary operations. In addition, the PDS 2 serves as a policy specialist providing technical support to advocates, agencies and people with developmental disabilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities related to this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Research and monitor federal and state laws, regulations and policies to identify the impact on OPWDD, Revenue Support Field Operations, providers and persons with disabilities. Determine the impact of these laws, regulations and policies on agency and bureau polices and operations, revenue and benefit and entitlement programs.
• Function as liaison with federal, state and local agencies for assigned topic areas in securing clarification of information and resolution of problems, in order to best implement policies and procedures to help people with developmental disabilities.
• Serve on and/or chair workgroups, committees or teams to assist in developing policy and procedures. Develop and present procedural proposals for consideration by management. Prepare directives and correspondence detailing program information.
• Manage information and processes for field operations on assigned topics and benefit programs; and have a working knowledge of benefit eligibility requirements and systems. For assigned topic areas function as the subject matter expert, including provision of technical support and assistance to Revenue Support Field Offices (RSFO), DDSOO, DDRO, voluntary agency staff and advocates for those with developmental disabilities.
• Develop, implement, evaluate and report on assigned projects, including measurement of progress, review and analysis at specified intervals. Evaluate projects to ascertain successful implementation.
• Assist in maintaining manuals and training materials to provide RSFO staff with accurate and current information, policies and procedures needed to maximize revenue and benefits, for training OPWDD and voluntary agency provider staff and to create uniform standards for internal control.
• Create and provide in-person, catalog and ad-hoc training in a thorough and professional manner.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue