Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
There are no educational or experience requirements. This position may require you to work in a team so the candidate should have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. Successful candidates in the position must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors and the campus community. The candidate must possess and have proven positive customer service skills; must also possess good listening skills and be able to understand and follow written and/or oral instructions. Since the activities of other employees depend upon the availability of the employee in this position, reliable attendance is a factor that will be considered when filling this vacancy.
National Work Readiness Credential preferred. For more information about the National Work Readiness Credential or to find out how to receive the certification, please contact Ms. Terry Patterson, UB Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) at email@example.com or 716-645-1913
Duties Description Position Summary:
Job duties include performing a variety of routine manual work under supervision such as the following:
• Wash floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls, partitions, windows from the inside or outside of buildings using mops, brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubbers and other cleaning implements
• Collects, transports and disposes of medical waste or spoiled linens in accordance with cleaning procedures
• Cleans blood spills and bodily fluids, including urine, vomit and feces
• Strips and waxes floors: vacuums and shampoos carpets; and dusts assigned areas using manual or mechanical equipment
• Cleans and scrubs all areas of lavatories and locker rooms, such as sinks, urinals, toilets, showers, shower walls and drain, tile floors, and locker room common areas
• Replaces light bulbs, dusts or washes light fixtures and high places such as ceilings using ladders and scaffolds
• Cleans and polishes furniture, metal fixtures and equipment
• Removes hazardous articles on floors, furniture and equipment and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places
• Move furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning activities or sets up meetings or special events
• Changes curtains and drapes and hangs pictures and other decorative objects
Empties trash, recyclables and waste in accordance with cleaning schedule
• Assembles cleaning cart to conform to assigned cleaning duties and mixes and properly dilutes cleaning solutions in accordance with manufacturer directions
• Wears appropriate protective clothing and other specialized protective equipment as required by the cleaning assignments
• Checks supplies and equipment functioning and notifies supervisor of low supply levels, equipment malfunction and building maintenance issues noted during cleaning
This position is for 3rd shift with the hours of 11:30 p.m. – 8:00 a.m., days may vary.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.