Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in institutional, fixed income structured product research
• Preference may be given to candidates who have obtained their MBA or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential (CFA study at any level a plus)
Duties Description The Investment Department of the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) is seeking an experienced structured credit professional to analyze a variety of complex structured products in its growing, internally-managed fixed income portfolio. The Structured Products Analyst will report to the Senior Portfolio Manager for Structured Products.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Evaluate and analyze credit and structures for Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO), Commercial Mortgage Backed Security (CMBS), Asset Backed Security (ABS), Mortgage Backed Security (MBS), etc. on a daily basis using internal and industry tools;
• Produce written reports including structured product evaluations and quarterly updates, credit memos, and industry reviews;
• Research and analyze collateral and structures, analyze loan details and issuer information on new issue Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO), Commercial Mortgage Backed Security (CMBS), Residential Mortgage Backed Security (RMBS), Asset Backed Security (ABS), etc.;
• Utilize vender-based research to reflect changes in structured products modeling assumptions;
• Provide fundamental and relative value research to generate structured product driven investment ideas and strategies to enhance portfolio returns and mitigate risk, exercising prudence in balancing both risk and expected return;
• Maintain relationships with sell-side strategists to achieve best ideas within structured products;
• Performing ongoing due diligence and surveillance of structured portfolio positions, and communicating updates in a timely fashion;
• Strong communication skills, a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with senior management, and a track record of individual initiative are required;
• Candidate should be experienced using standard evaluation tools such as: Intex Calc, Trepp, eMBS, Markit, Bloomberg, Yieldbook and Point, Andrew Davidson Vector, Blackrock Aladdin a plus. Programming skills and VBA/SQL a plus.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCandidates should email or mail a resume and cover letter to:
The New York State Insurance Fund
Attn: Human Resources
15 Computer Drive West
Albany, NY 12205
E-Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org