Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree with strong academic qualifications
• Minimum of four (4) to seven (7) years’ experience covering corporate credits, preferably at a “buy-side” institution, such as an insurance company or asset manager
• Preference may be given to candidates with an MBA or CFA designation
• Strong communication and financial modeling skills
• Familiarity with Bloomberg API a plus
Duties Description The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF), with over $15 billion of assets under management, is seeking an experienced credit analyst to assist in managing its $8 billion portfolio of corporate credit risk. Credit analysts are sector specialists who work closely with the Chief Credit Officer and Portfolio Manager to identify sound investment opportunities within their assigned sectors.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Evaluate and monitor creditworthiness of corporate credits within assigned sectors;
• Keep abreast of industry and market developments that affect the credit portfolio;
• Produce written reports on individual credits;
• Conduct periodic reviews of assigned sectors, including the identification of industrywide strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and likely implications for specific credit positions;
• Communicate with other buy-side, sell-side and rating agency analysts to enhance perspective;
• Review bond indentures, covenants and other terms related to bond offerings and corporate actions;
• Prepare financial models of material credit exposures, including “what-if” scenarios, to critically assess creditworthiness and proactively minimize potential credit losses;
• Respond in a timely manner to management requests for credit opinions and market perspective;
• Assist the investments team on key initiatives, special projects, and other credit matters;
• Collaborate with investment analytics to improve risk identification and monitoring tools;
• Coordinate with investment operations, accounting, and others on portfolio positions as needed;
• Communicate with the PM, trader and management on credit matters that affect the portfolio.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCandidates should email or mail a resume and cover letter to:
The New York State Insurance Fund
Attn: Human Resources
15 Computer Drive West
Albany, NY 12205
E-Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org