Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive services as an Information Technology Specialist 3 (DB) OR in a position at G-21 or higher deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law OR in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades. Candidates reachable on the eligible list for this title will be canvassed and do not need to apply.
Duties Description The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking an Information Technology Specialist 3 to work within our Application Development section. The incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance and support of our existing and future Oracle Middleware, Siebel, and Oracle Software implementations. This position will also be required to administer, develop, and upgrading our Enterprise Content Management systems.
• Maintain, and support Middleware environments built in Oracle WebLogic
• Maintain, and support environments built in Oracle Siebel
• Maintain, and support web tier proxies (HAProxy, OHS, Apache)
• Assist with migrations for both Siebel and Java Applications on WebLogic
• Administer multiple pieces of oracle software (Siebel, WebLogic, EDQ, WebCenter Content, WebCenter Portal)
• Unix scripting for oracle middleware applications servers
• Provide intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of FileNet ECM solution.
• Create documentation to help support and maintain current/future architecture
• Supervision of ITS-1 staff and/or contracted consultants
• Delegation of tasks to subordinate staff and the testing/verification of task completion and correctness.
• Develop, Build and maintain REF and Charities Applications.
• Experience with Oracle WebLogic Application Server 11g and 12c
• Experience with Oracle Siebel IP 16
• Experience with Unix OS (Solaris)
• Experience with Proxy Servers
• Proficient Unix shell scripting
• Proficient troubleshooting oracle applications server logs
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and prioritize those tasks appropriately
• Experience with any of the following: Java, Oracle jDeveloper, web server administration, WebLogic Application Server Administration, Oracle Software Administration, Unix OS
• FileNet administration experience
• Strong business analysis, interpersonal and writing skills for customer interaction and documentation
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Office is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the “Notes on Applying” section, the “Application Due” date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the hiring bureau on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail to HR.firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include vacancy ID #60296 in the subject line. Please be sure your submitted cover letter and resume indicate your current Civil Service title.