Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive services as an Information Technology Specialist 3 (DB) OR in a position at G-21 or higher deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law OR in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades. Candidates reachable on the eligible list for this title will be canvassed and do not need to apply.
Duties Description The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking an Information Technology Specialist 3 to work within our Application Development section. The incumbent will be responsible for the design, maintenance and support of the customization of our public and internal applications and web apps. Under the supervision of an Information Technology Specialist 4, the incumbent of this position will work with significant independence.
• Build and Maintain the OAG’s custom JAVA applications using ORACLE JDeveloper. Design, maintain and support both public and internal applications.
• Develop and maintain applications built with either FileNet or Siebel.
• Develop and Maintain modules using SQL and PL/SQL.
• Develop user interfaces that conform to NYS Accessibility policies.
• Interact with end-users and supervisory staff to troubleshoot performance, data and training issues. Recommend and implement solutions based on feedback.
• Develop and implement test plans for new systems which ensure that systems are implemented expeditiously with minimal risk to their design intent and environments. Testing peer and own code. Prepare code for development environment.
• Document support calls completely in internal call tracking software. Document all user requested enhancements.
• Work with Project Management Office to gather requirements, estimate time and be the technical lead on multiple projects.
• Supervision of ITS-2 staff and the delegation of tasks to other staff and contracted consultants may be required.
• Experience in Relational DBMS, SQL and PL/SQL.
• Experience with FileNet, PeopleSoft and Siebel applications.
• Experience developing and deploying web-based applications.
• Experience gathering business requirements from end user to assess need and incorporate requests into database and system design.
• Demonstrable understanding of logical data models, defining data entities, data attributes and logical data groups and relationships.
• Practical experience supporting end-users in a production application. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Experience with root cause analysis.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Office is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the “Notes on Applying” section, the “Application Due” date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the hiring bureau on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail to HR.email@example.com. You must include vacancy ID #60297 in the subject line. Please be sure your submitted cover letter and resume indicate your current Civil Service title.