Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
888 Fountain Avenue
Minimum Qualifications TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS
Must currently be a permanent Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1,
Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1 by the Department of Civil Service (Must also be within 2 salary grades of the targeted title).
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service list for Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1.
In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable
score, you may not be retained.
You must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a position at a Grade 16 or above.
Duties Description JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Supervise the Capacity Management Coordinators at the Metro-Bronx DDRO office.
• Interface with hospitals who have OPWDD individuals in their care.
• Write comprehensive Psycho-social summaries when necessary
• Make appropriate residential referrals based on the individual’s needs.
• Track Certified Residential Opportunities referrals and follow-up with agencies.
• Assess cases and present during monthly meetings.
• Interface with agencies providing residential services.
• Ensure the accuracy of information in the Certified Residential Database.
• Monitor and manage staff caseloads.
• Review and update DDP2 assessments as necessary.
• Participate in planning calls with OPWDD/DDRO stakeholders including hospitals.
• Reports directly to the Region 4 Capacity Management Supervisor.
• Additional responsibilities to be determined based on unit needs.
Additional Comments • For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If the number of interested candidates is three or fewer, the agency at its discretion may nominate a qualified employee for noncompetitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.