Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
9 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications • Must currently be a permanent Secretary 2.
• Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Secretary 2.
• Must be eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service to the title of Secretary 2. (Must also be within 2 salary grades of the targeted title).
• Eligible for provisional* appointment.
NOTE: *Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in Title and/or Civil Service List Candidates.
• Management reserves the right to determine the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
• Preference will be given to individuals with experience in the above mentioned areas.
• At the time of offer, you must be ready to accept or decline the position.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The incumbent will be Secretary to the Director and Deputy Director of State Operations and will be responsible for a full range
of activities, including but not limited to:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interaction with the DDPS4’s, Unions, and outside agencies.
• Maintains calendars for the Director and Deputy Director, ensuring that meetings are set in a timely fashion, appropriate personnel are notified, and there are no overlap/scheduling conflicts.
• Reviews outgoing and in-coming correspondence and reports to determine their significance.
• Receives and prepares responses to letters, calls, and visitors concerning program policies and inquiries.
• Prepares reports using various programs, researches background information, transmits instructions to staff, and conducts follow-up.
• Resolves days-to-day operational problems, coordinates information flow by acting as liaison among key executives, staff, and the public.
• Acts as office manager, ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of extremely busy office.
• Orders office supplies, schedules maintenance of office equipment, etc.
• Supervision of other clerical staff.
• Other duties as assigned
Details to be discussed at interview.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by October 17, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.