Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Contract Audit Bureau; ATTN: Jennifer Walter
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
This position is to perform Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Certification work in the Contract Audit Bureau’s DBE Certification Unit. Under the supervision of a Compliance Specialist 2 (SG-23) primary duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Analyzing information related to DBE firms or applicants to determine if DBE eligibility standards are fully met. Information could include: corporate documents, financial records, resumes, contracts, assets and liabilities as reported in Personal Net Worth statements, tax returns, financial statements, annual gross receipts, economic dealings with other firms, affiliations, legal structure, capital investments, lease and loan agreements, payroll records, etc.
• Verifying the accuracy of information submitted and determining what additional information is needed to make proper determinations;
• Performing on-site visits to the offices of applicant firms and an on-site visit to job sites as appropriate;
• Interviewing principal officers and key employees of the applicant firms;
• Documenting eligibility determination decisions and reasons therefore, and drafting correspondence to firms to communicate these determinations;
• Responding to inquiries related to DBE certifications and requirements; and
• Evaluating, and drafting responses to, complaints regarding DBE certification eligibility.
Although not anticipated at this time, needs of the Bureau may require that this position also perform the following duties under an Associate Auditor (SG-23) including, but are not limited to:
• Performing pre-award evaluations of engineering firms’ indirect cost rates;
• Conducting contract compliance closeout audits of engineering consultant firms, railroads, and utility companies;
• Preparing narrative reports of audit findings and recommendations; and
• Discussing audit findings with representatives of the audited entity and participating in exit conferences.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road