Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Permanent service as a Senior Recreation Therapist
2. Eligible to 70.1 transfer into a Senior Recreation Therapist title. For eligible 70.1 transfer information, visit the Career Mobility Office at: http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/titleinfo.cfm?jobcode=5903300&nu=05
3. Reachable for appointment on the Civil Service eligible list
4. In the event there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the following open competitive qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Either 1. a masters degree in therapeutic recreation, creative arts therapy, art therapy, dance therapy, music therapy, or drama therapy;
Or 2. a bachelors degree in therapeutic recreation, creative arts therapy, art therapy, dance therapy, music therapy, or drama therapy, AND one year of post-degree professional experience* in planning and administering a therapeutic program which involved developing and coordinating therapeutic activities for geriatric patients/residents, individuals with developmental disabilities, individuals with psychiatric disabilities, individuals who are physically challenged, or individuals in treatment for alcoholism and substance abuse;
Or 3. a bachelors degree in recreation, physical education, adaptive physical education, art, dance, music, drama, recreation education with a concentration in therapeutic recreation, or recreation and leisure studies with a concentration in therapeutic recreation AND two years of post-degree professional experience as described above*;
Or 4. have one year of post-degree professional experience as described above* AND be one of the following:
a. certified as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC); or
b. registered with the American Art Therapy Association as an Art Therapist; or
c. registered with the American Dance Therapy Association as a Dance Therapist; or
d. certified by the American Music Therapy Association as a Music Therapist; or
e. registered by the National Association for Drama Therapy as a Registered Drama Therapist.
*Substitution: A masters degree in adaptive physical education, art, dance, music, drama, recreation education with a concentration in therapeutic recreation, or recreation and leisure studies with a concentration in therapeutic recreation may be substituted for one year of the post-degree professional experience described above.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
• Provide recreational support to residential homes in Erie County.
• Develop cadre of recreational activities with focus on community inclusion to occur on late afternoon/evenings and weekends.
• Development and provision of “hands on” recreational activities across the Central Region residential teams to include coaching a variety of sports teams ( i.e. track and field, basketball, softball, bowling) according to the interests of individuals living in the Central WNY homes
• Assist in development of home recreational calendars.
• Develop Central WNY area recreational calendar of events to share with homes on teams.
• Special assignments determined by DDPS 4 and Central WNY teams to enhance inclusion and community recreational activities.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program: For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.